I will apologize ahead of time for the crappy review of this project. It has been finished for quite some time and I only remembered it because it was cold enough to warrant the donning of knitted accessories today. Besides, the blogging fodder as been in short supply due to my continued exhaustion and the endless nature of my Bradshaw sweater, which I hope to have finished this weekend…*crossing fingers*.
Yarn: Blue Heron Rayon Metallic in Mossy Place colorway
Inspiration: Montego Bay Scarf
Needles: Size 8
Yardage: 550 yards
Modifications: After knitting the skinnier scarf I casted on for 65 stitches, approximately 1.5 times the stitches, it wider and shorter
Enjoyment Factor: 6
Knit Time: Ummmm….hmmm..about 2 weeks? Guess I should have blogged about this before not, eh?
- The pattern really show cases the yarn.
- It is really light and soft so it is made for that not quite hot, not quite cold in between weather.
- It is a great, simple accessory piece that I thinks I will love due to the softness of the yarn. I also love the slight bling bling from my yarn choice.
- Knitters Ego! It gets you every time. You think you know the pattern, it is simple right? Ahhh, you forget to knit 3 instead of 4 stitches on the end and that is when the pattern starts to go haywire and your knitting starts slanting in the wrong direction.
- Monotony. This pattern is definitely a filler knit. It is that project that you pick up when you need a mindless knit, but definitely cannot serve as you primary focus
- Nothing really, or at least nothing I can remember so I guess that is pretty much the same.
In conclusion, there really is not much that can be said about this project. Pretty much, just knit it! In the end you will have a finished object you love!