Thanks everyone for the pep talk about the sweater. I was so eager to get it off the needles on April 10th but ended up having to redo the sleeves a couple times so that extended the date to April 20th. I know I have been an absentee blogger lately but man am I crafting up a storm. Between knitting and sewing and quilting, I am about to have a crafting induced nervous breakdown. I hope to be through the storm this week so I should have some more stuff to show off soon in the FO category. Until then, I hope you like the Wicked…now with extra twists!!!
Yarn: Queensland Llama Seta (80%alpaca/20% silk blend yarn) color 11
Inspiration: Zephyr Style Wicked Sweater
Needles: Size 6
Yardage: 9 balls (792 yards)
Modifications: Changed needles from 7 to a 6 to better suit yarn. Added an extra twist in the cables, which was an
accident design element. Decreased before the armhole cabling to reduce armhole size.
- Busted the Stash Baby. 9 out of 10 balls of my red Queensland Llama Seta yarn that I bought a while back for finally found a home.
- This sweater flew off the needles. I saw the pattern, dug through my stash, threw it on the needles and here it is for all the see.
- I really like the simplicity of the sweater and the pattern was great and very user friendly
- I redid the armhole cabling twice because of the size of the armholes were two big for my taste. I had 76 stitches reserved for the armholes as the pattern stated but ended up reducing down to 64 stitches because I wanted a snugger fit on the arms.
- My design element was the result of me forgetting the rest row in the cable pattern. Instead I just repeated the actual cable stitch over and over again. I didn’t realize I had done this until I started on the armholes. Was I going back on a top down raglan sweater to fix the boo boo? HELL NO!! Besides, I like it anyway.
- I don’t have a modeled picture for you. I always like seeing had knits on their intended model but I am just too tired to go through the motions. Let me reassure you that it fits fine and I really like it with a white long sleeve T-shirt underneath. Maybe I will get one in the future and add to the post. Who knows?
Knit Time: March 24 – April 14