You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Endpaper Mitts’ category.

img_3013_filtered-1.jpg

Like my paparazzi picture?? Hee hee, who said you can’t learn anything from America’s Next Top Model 🙂 !

 

Yarn: Knitpicks Palette in Bark and Apricot
Inspiration: Eunny Jang Endpaper Mitts
Size:
8.5″ Hand Circumference
Needles:
Size 0 and Size 3
Yardage: 174 yards of Bark (3/4 ball) and 115 yards of Apricot (1/2 ball)
Modifications: None
Enjoyment Factor: 9

Knit Time: One Week!!

The Good:

  • Free yarn!! Yup, Free!! I got it from a lovely woman on Destash who wanted to get rid of some unwanted stash. Since I have been itching to learn colorwork, but didn’t want the Anemoi mittens to be my first foray into unknown knitting country, I decided that the endpaper mitts would fit the bill.
  • Quick. Very quick. This set of mitts took me exactly one week to complete. Maybe it was because I couldn’t put them down but it was quick nonetheless

img_3042.jpg

  • I learned a variety of new techniques – Italian Tubular cast on and bind off, colorwork, and did some knitting continental style.

The Bad:

  • Since this was my first colorwork project the second glove came out a bit tighter due to improvements in my technique. I luckily had no problems with terribly uneven fabric.

img_3033.jpg

  • I got a little bit presumptuous on the second mitt and mistakenly skipped over a step with the tubular cast off so I had to go back and retie my yarn since I had cut it already. Its not a visible issue for anyone else, but just goes to show how easily the pattern instills you with confidence so that you think you know everything and cut your yarn without referring back to the patter. BAH!!

The Ugly:

  • I did make a mistake on the first glove right around the wrist area because I obviously wasn’t paying attention. Therefore, the gloves are no longer interchangeable and the mistake glove will forever be the left glove unless I want to reveal the mistake to others.

img_3000_filtered-1.jpg

Advertisements

img_2967.jpg

The Endpaper mitts are nearing the end. I love how they are so swishy and warm from the stranded knitting. I will probably have them completed by Sunday. The only problem is that instead of wanting to go back to the Cable-Down Raglan, I want to start on the Anemoi mittens next. Needless to say, two color knitting is highly addictive!

img_2986.jpg

Other distractions include tracing my first Burda magazine pattern. It will be making skirt 129 from the August 2007 Burda Magazine ( click on it for bigger view).

129-skirt-august-07.jpg

I have some left over red plaid from my tailored jacket so I thought I would make a skirt to match. I am normally not a matchy matchy person with my wardrobe but this just might work out. The jacket won’t be done for a while, but when it gets to a presentable point I will post some update pictures.

img_2987.jpg

Another distraction, or inspiration, came in the mail last week. A full size ham, tailor board, and tailor clapper. I won them on e-bay after losing out on all the point pressers. I was so much happier having won this set for $26 bucks!! I am playing in the big leagues now!

Well, I haven’t people.  The knitting has been touch and go and the sewing has been a bit of a wreck but I have persevered knowing that I will overcome the crafting slump.  I HAVE to because Christmas is around the corner.  Of course, I say this as if I do a lot of holiday crafted gifts when really I do not.  However, if I want to finish even ONE crafted gift this season, the mojo better make a command appearance and SOON.

img_2940.jpg


On the good side, I started the Cable-Down Raglan with the Calmer I got on sale.  Man!! Calmer and Knitpicks Options are like BUTTER!  However, I have ripped the top diamond no less than 6 times (don’t ask) and although the loveliness of the butter combo has made the pain a little bit better it is still impeding forward progress.  And now I have hit a road block with the pattern which maybe one of my lovely readers can help me with:

When I start the right and left cable section on the sleeves, after the first diamond, my increase stitches started to look a little funky.  I followed the errata up to this point (i.e. k1f&b on sleeve increases and knitting the first stitch of the sleeve on work even rows) however, when I got to the sleeve it says change the k1f&b to a M1P on the sleeve increases.  I did that and ended up with a big hole and the stitch pattern looking wierd.

  • Now the question is.  Did anyone else follow the errata, M1P  or did you continue to do the k1f&b after the sleeve?
  • If you did do the M1P, do you continue to knit the first sleeve stitch after the marker on work even rounds or purl it

So while I wait for either help through the blogisphere or the nerve and desire to figure it out myself,  I started a new project.  I have never been one to have WIPs hanging around but this mojo thing gives me a true understanding of how people can have so many UFOs.  Anyway,  I present to you the Endpaper Mitts!

img_2952.jpg

These are pretty spur of the moment, as a wonderful woman on Destash was destashing some Knitpicks Palette for free +  shipping and I got it.  I think I will call these my chocolate cover apricot gloves because those are the yummy colors.  These will be my introduction to two color knitting so that I can get to those Anemoi mittens that tempt me everyday.

Hope to have some good news and more progress on the Cable Raglan next time you hear from me.

September 2017
M T W T F S S
« Jan    
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  

On the Needles


Kusha Kusha Scarf CO: 8/22
Turtleneck Tube Vest CO: 9/30
Knitty Shimmer CO: 9/8
Cable Down Raglan CO: 10/26

Under the Needle

McCall's M5478 Jacket
Started 8/07, 45% Complete

Archives

Blog Stats

  • 124,200 hits

Badges

kalbutt/
norovember/
Socktoberfest/
Sewiknit/
Destash/
Sewiknit/
Sewiknit/

SP9/
KFYS07/
Stranded/
YFC2/